So I've Been Thinking...


So I've been thinking... and a lot recently, just about everything. It's like this little bug has found its way into my head when I wasn't paying attention, and all of the sudden I'm overthinking every little thing in my life up to this point.

I don't even know where my head is at right now, and it's crazy to think how a little mental bug can affect your emotions and how you physically act.

Ever since highschool's started, it's been the craziest experience of my life and I love every second of it!

I've noticed that I've taken a LOT of time off of social media (which is why I've missed out on a whole month of blogging! So sorry if you expected more from me!) and I really began to focus on making as many new connections with people as I possibly could, not slacking with my studies, and putting in whatever effort I had left into volleyball.

Going from pretty much nothing during summer to a fully booked September was a lot to take in, I'm gonna be honest.

All these photographs are of my best friend, taken by yours truly just so you guys know :)
Not only my friends, but even my coaches have noticed that I've put a lot of pressure on myself- either to be that volleyball player everyone thinks I am or always that happy girl. And it's seriously weighing me down to the point where, yesterday, I could only pick out ONE good thing that happened.

Those other smiles and laughs that are usually so lively and fun, all of the sudden seemed so unlike me, whenever I heard myself. Like my laughs weren't genuine and from the heart? IDK.

I've got a 4 day weekend to recover, so hopefully, a little space to myself and a Thanksgiving roast will do wonders to my body and my mind. I might even have time to squeeze in a Disney binge with my best friend!

So, how did September treat you?

Was it a roller coaster with extreme highs and extreme lows like mine, or was it more relaxed?

I feel like it's been so long since I've had a real conversation with you guys, that I've decided I'll be posting on here more often, but in posts written like these. My real and genuine thoughts, paired with photos that make me smile when I look at them.

This way there's absolutely no pressure on me to be someone I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top