For When You Feel like the World Is Moving Too Quickly


You might wonder, how come I can't be like this person, or why is doing this certain thing so hard for me but so easy for them?

Or maybe sometimes you feel like time is moving so fast you want to push the pause button on everything for just one second. 

It's been officially summer for about 10 days now (ALREADY half way through 2017... I'm sorry whaaat?) and it's hard to wrap my head around how quickly the past 3 years have gone by.

The other day I was on face time with my close friend. I was relaxed on the grass with a book in one hand, just soaking up the rest of the day's sunlight. It was nice, to just chat and read to someone who would listen to me completely unwind my thoughts.

Something in our conversation sparked the thought, "Where do I really see myself in the next 3 or 5 years?" And that kind of hit me like a stone wall.

All of the sudden this vision of 'Older Kyia' entered my mind. She had her own place that was decorated to fit her lifestyle, she was content regardless if she had a significant other or not, she was studying for a degree, and most of all, she was happy. And a living-in-the-moment kind of happy.

The truth is, I was frightened of what I saw. Not necessarily frightened of what could happen in the future, but scared of how quickly it was approaching.

All of the people who became my friend over this past year might not ever speak to me again, and because the majority of us are splitting half and half between two schools, we might not see each other for a very long time.

It's sad to think about, and on the last day of school, some even cried. In that very moment, we wanted everything to be put on 'pause' like you would during a movie where you stop it at a certain point, go make popcorn, so that when you come back everything was exactly how you left it.

But we can't put a pause on life, and things will keep moving forwards, whether you want it to or not.

And this made me think that even though life might feel like it's progressing too quickly at times, if you stop, breathe, and enjoy the moment like I had been on the grass that day, you'll realize that sometimes it's better to keep moving forwards than to keep reliving the past.

Yes, I might be a little afraid of what's to come, where I'll go, or who will stick with me through it all, but I've come to accept the fact that it's all part of the adventure.

Have you ever felt like time moved too quickly?

Did you ever want to relive a moment over and over again just to find out there were better things waiting for you?

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are, by leaving a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top