Let's Go at Our Own Pace


Hey guys! How're you all doing?

It's June already (!!!) meaning we've almost made it HALFWAY through 2017 which is definitely unacceptable, haha.

It seems like just the other day I was starting a whole new school year, ready to reinvent myself. But here I am several months later, still working on that.

Yesterday was a big night for most of my friends and me, as we got to dress up, do each other's makeup, and take photos with anyone we bumped into. It was something new and exciting- everyone looked so damn good, and you could just tell that everybody's self-confidence was way over 800%.

You'd think for such a big event that it'd be on the top of the "10 Most Nerve Racking Events" list, but no, not at all!

Because more than half of the people there were close friends of mine, the atmosphere was super comfortable and chill; I'm more than proud of myself for taking this small step outside of my comfort zone than anything.

After the formal ceremony, we all went back to the school to celebrate with a carnival-themed dance.

So be proud of me for saying yes to yet another slow dance (which I wouldn't normally do if you remember reading about my most embarrassing moment, HERE) but I was clearly feeling myself, haha!

And although these photos don't really do their justice, I couldn't stop smiling the whole night :)

Looking back 3 years ago, I definitely would not be who I am today without the people who stuck by my side. I used to be so shy and that kind of girl who didn't talk to many people, except those in my immediate friend group.

Currently, one of my best friends and I have known each other for a good 2 years, but we only started talking in the last year or so. I used to like him (cringe) and he liked me (double cringe), but not at the same time...

And for some reason, that made it really difficult for us to create a strong friendship, recalling how awkward we were back then. It's taken this long, but now I am more honest with him than I am with anyone else, and I can trust anything he says.

Since then people have shipped us (who wouldn't, LOL) saying how cute we would be if we dated, and how it just "had to happen." When really, we were both happy with where our friendship was right now. If it took that long to get to where we were, why would we take that risk of ruining it?

During a dance, he told me that the friendship we had right now, in this moment, was perfect. It had its flaws, yes, but doesn't everything?

For some reason, this really comforted me and gave me that little hint of hope that it could be something more in the future, as long as we go at our own pace.

So what about you?

Have you been going at your own pace with friendships or yourself, or did you let the influence of others rush you into something you weren't ready for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top