What is "Uniquely Me?"


As most of you know, photography is one of the many things that make me feel who I am. I've always found myself saying that someone's personality can show through their photography, but what does that really mean?

I feel like I'm kind of in a rough spot with my photos, as I don't know what I want to take pictures of. There are people who take stunning shots of landscapes and nature, other people do portraits or architecture.

And each of those people have something in their photos that just scream their name. Something that makes it "uniquely them". And I want to create a collection that says, "Oh, that's Kyia Belle's photo!"

Here's a list of some of my fav photographers who have found what is uniquely them:

Brandon Woelfel- taken at night, fairy lights, blues and purples, portrait

Zoe: white and beige, snow, soft, trees, far away portrait

Bryan Adam Castillo- bold, blues, silhouette, lights, sky

I've done animal photography, landscape, and not many portrait shots before, which I do like to take, but their not my favourite, if you get what I mean. And stand-alone-buildings just don't really appeal to me.

But what makes my photographs, uniquely me?

So far, I've only established that I've just got to keep on photographing and see what happens. Maybe one day it'll click and I'll just KNOW.

But until then, do you have something that makes your photos, art, writing- or whatever you do- uniquely you?

Do you guys have any advice I could take?

I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments, below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top