Everything Is A Choice.


If you're one of the few people who have been reading and commenting on my blog for a while, (thank you, by the way!) you'll know what I mean when I say there are friends in your life you grow out of. You can read the post about outgrowing your best friend HERE.

Something happened between me, my bestie, and a close friend of mine recently.

Oh, and we'll call my best friend from this point on, Cookie- because she's sweet, and she's just what you need to make any day better.

This is something that the two of us (Cookie and I) have been sitting on the fence about telling our close friend for quite some time. I'm sure there are pages of texts we've sent back and forth, about why we should tell her this, and what would happen if we did.

Finally, we decided to go up to her together and explain how we felt... That we didn't want to be friends with her anymore.

And that was HARD. Seeing the look on her face, and the way she just walked away and left... It proved that we didn't need her anymore.

Not that she was a horrible person, but because we felt like she didn't give us happiness at all, any time we were with her. Like the connection between us three just wasn't there anymore.

Back in April, letting go of someone I used to be close with was a huge step for me. That made me realize that not everyone will stay in your life forever, and that over time you just don't fit with certain people like you used to.

However I feel like that was step one, slowing growing out of a friend.

Step two, is figuring out when the right time is to break a connection off with someone who no longer gives you happiness being around them.

I've decided to write this out now, even though it's been a good week since we did this. Cookie also tells me that blogging about it would make me feel better about the whole scenario- and it definitely has.

It's also made me realize one thing.

That everything you choose to do is a choice, and that you shouldn't make choices to make other people happy, but to make yourself happy.

Because, if you don't do it now, then when?

Now I'd love to hear from you. When was the last time you had to make a tough choice?

Are you happier now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top