What It Takes To Make Someone Happy


You know that feeling as if a million kittens are cuddled up next to you, when your looks are the last thing you're worried about, and no matter how hard you try, your face has that stupidly beautiful smile plastered on it?

Well ya. That.

Sometimes I feel this way, even after a day I could have titled "not the best".

After writing Wanderlust Girl for these few months, I've quickly discovered that loads of you, (maybe even hundreds of you!!) totally get me. You all have proved to me that I wasn't the CLUMSIEST PERSON IN THE UNIVERSE, and that there is no such thing as too much vanilla green tea. That pushing yourself to do those tiny, yet difficult hurdles in life aren't as scary as they sound in your head. And to write about what I love and am passionate about, not write based on what some people prefer to read- the right guys and gals will stay.

You all taught me that it's okay to be me.

And that's one of the best feelings in the world.

10 THINGS THAT MAKE SOMEONE (me) HAPPY:

1. Genuine smiles
2. Pepperoni pizza
3. "Because-I-felt-like-it" hugs
4. Stupidly horrible puns
5. Those cute little baby pumpkins
6. Sweet compliments
7. Pizza with goat cheese
8. EVERY SINGLE ONE of your comments on this little blog :)
9. 1 a.m. McDonalds ice cream
10. The feeling of being there for someone, even if no words are said between yourself and the person

Oh, and kittens. haha! So that makes eleven...

I'm sure there are loads more I could have included, but writing this post out has made me feel all squishy and comfortable inside, so it's probably best if I end it here.

Since each of you are a little different in some way, I want to hear from you.

What makes you happy?

I'd love to hear what puts a smile on your face in the comments below, and maybe if someone else reads your comment they'll feel squishy in the inside too... Then we'll all be one happy, smiley, puddle of love, haha.

20 comments:

  1. McDonalds soft serve icecream makes me happy in general but 1am drive throughs are the best haha
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm happy someone agrees with me :) x

      Delete
  2. Music and friends always make me happy. This was such a fun little post to read. Your pictures look great as well! (:

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely forgot about friends! Thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  3. One thing that makes me happy is my attitude of waking up in the morning with a positive mind that I'll be amazing today. It's indeed a life changer. :)

    Augustin Ra • Indie Spirit
    TwitterFacebookInstagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to be as positive as I can in the mornings too, and even spending a little more time on making a better breakfast really spikes my mood x

      Delete
  4. Aw this post is so uplifting and just all around LOVELY. The photo's are so cute too! Thanks so much for sharing this xx

    Grab Your Camera x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Claire. Thank YOU for reading :) x

      Delete
  5. OMG!! All of your 10 happy things are also mine! I think we would get along really well! (Especially eating Pizza with Goats Cheese.. YUM!) Lovely post! :) xxxx

    Tania | teabee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's awesome. Keep coming back to this blog and you'll find out more about me ;) haha x

      Delete
  6. This is so cute! My bed, duvet and laptop make me happy!

    corrie | corriearnold.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks lovely! Can't complain with a comfy duvet xx

      Delete
  7. This is a lovely blog post! I absolutely adore how uplifting it is and how sweet you look in your photos :) yasminanicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is so incredibly positive-I love it! I can relate to so many of your points too :) especially the because-I-feel-like-it hugs, fab post xx

    https://monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome how you can relate to so many of the things I said. Thank you a million for reading :)

      Delete
  9. I totally get what you mean! There's so many things that I thought I was weird for liking/doing, but ever since I started a blog, I've found that so many people agree with all those things!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's exactly why I'm still writing on this blog. Thank you! xx

      Delete
  10. I love this and I love you, you are wonderful lovely lady and nothing beats a good pun!
    Your photos are on point too :-))
    Arora xx
    www.aroraappleby.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you lovely, I love you too!!

      Delete

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top