The Comfort Issue // AUTUMN MUST-HAVES


If there's one thing I know about the idea of cozy, is that it always starts with an over-sized sweater. I mean, there's just something about beautifully scented candles, soft throws, and a warm cuppa that creates that "mood" everyone seems to love!

And I know it's not just me.

Basically every blogger or vlogger or friend I have in my life is an autumn or winter lover- there's just no denying it, so embrace every little part of the colder months instead of complaining about well, you know, how cold it is haha.

GENERAL LIFE-Y-NESS:

pumpkins & candles. Kind of self-explanatory? I feel like they go hand in hand this time of year, the pumpkins (specifically mini ones!) look adorable on a table or shelf, and the candles make the whole room smell of the pumpkin. Just imagine arrays of miniature pumpkins and candles on every single table top I have, and you've got a photo of my room in your mind.

plush blankets. I don't know about you, but our family house can get so cold at 7am in the mornings that I literally wrap myself up like a bed burrito, then imagine I'm in some hot stone oven oozing with cheese... mmmm cheese. But it's also comforting to cuddle down with a loved one, if that's what you'd prefer :) Food, though, will always be my loved one.

chocolate, marshmallows, and hot drinks. I'll admit- nothing beats a good homemade hot cocoa with pumpkin spice and squishy marshmallows on a chilly day. I'll even include a recipe for a chai latte for you guys!

HOT BUTTERED CHAI LATTE
2 tbsp unsalted butter                      2 cups boiling water
3 tbsp brown sugar                          4 bags black tea of your choice
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger              1 cup warm milk
1 tbsp chai spice

1. Mash butter with brown sugar, ginger & chai spice
2. Pour boiling water over tea bags. Steep for 4 min then discard tea bags.
3. Blend butter mixture with tea and milk in a blender until frothy. Pour latte through a sieve into 3 mugs.

BEAUTY ESSENTIALS:

a good lotion. You might not know this, but I get really bad eczema if I don't moisturize my hands- up to the point where my skin goes pale and scaly, and bleed a little around the knuckles. I've tried countless hand creams, but none of them kept my hands moisturized long enough except the Charity Pot from Lush. The best part besides the effectiveness of the product, is how delicate the scent is, which makes it perfect for sensitive skin like my own.

colourful bath bombs. Ever since I've discovered Lush, they've been the only place I buy bath bombs from, and this season I couldn't hold myself back! I really want to buy the Northern Lights bath bomb, as I'm sure it has that nessisary touch to those relaxing nights in.

AUTUMN CLOTHING GUIDE:

over-sized sweaters. Like I mentioned at the beginning of the post, comfort starts with a sweater. Or six... If you're from Canada you'll understand why they are a must-have! Snow before Halloween? Thanks but no thanks, haha. My favourite ones to wear are ones that are soft enough to sleep in, but cute enough to wear out in public without having to change. The one in the photo is from THIS online shop, and can I just say, OH MY GOD I NEED EVERYTHING THEY HAVE IN STOCK.

chokers. Totally a 1990's thing, but it's one of those trends I actually don't mind (my mum is going to kick me for saying this)! I can see them being perfect to wear with leggings and chunky sweaters, while adding that touch of personality. I think I kind of love them. The chokers were also found on OOTD FLASH.

beanies. The one I'm showing in this photo I've posted on this blog before, but I absolutely love it! Plus they're perfect for those I-can't-do-anything-to-my-hair days.

What are you're autumn must-haves?

Maybe when more snow starts piling down, I'll do a snow day version of this post- let me know your thoughts in the comments below :)

14 comments:

  1. Your outfit is so pretty! x
    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfits are goals! I seriously neeed that beanie. Great post!
    - Sarah ☽
    http://blackpapermoon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear the beanie WAYYY too often aha!

      Delete
  3. Love the outfit! I have been meaning to take a trip to Lush...x

    http://paulamarieee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't we all need a trip to Lush every now and then?! x

      Delete
  4. The Hot Buttered Chai Latte sounds good! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! If you half the recipe, it's perfect for a single person :)

      Delete
  5. I love wearing beanies in the colder months! I've recently started buying a few bobbled ones from Primark and particularly like the mustard coloured one! I definitely love a chai latte! So that recipe will come in handy for sure!

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/fashion-mirina-necklace-review.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/lmIAtkoZbFU
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could pull off mustard-coloured anything! Beanies are honestly all I ever wear!

      Delete
  6. This is such a gorgeous post, I love the chockers and the recipe for the hot drink looks soooo yummy x
    yasminanicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yasmin! The drink is super good- I've made it so many times already

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous Kyia, I absolutely love the photos! Those lush products look wonderful and is the beanie from Alfie's merchandise? I love it xx

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beanie was his very first merchandise item, yes! Limited edition, too ;)

      Delete

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top