Forget "Perfect"


Hey guys!

After publishing DITCHING EXCUSES & PUSHING YOURSELF, loads of you shared your personal stories on what your fears were, or how you overcame that fear- and I can't say how happy I am to see that something I wrote helped you guys push your own limits.

Loads of you have also asked me to write more about fears I have to overcome, and this time I could really do with your advice, so here goes.

Maybe it's just me, but all my life I've had someone to look up to- the idea of having someone possibly older, better looking, or more athletic than me used to motivate me to be a better version of myself. But in the past couple years I've begun to feel like I am supposed to be that role model, that I am supposed to excel in a certain area, and that it is expected of me to be absolutely amazing at everything I do.

And that's a hard standard to reach.

I want to show people that my grades aren't perfect, that my volleyball serves won't always go over the net, and that I'm not friends with EVERYONE I meet...

So, imagine someone posts a stunning photo of themselves wearing the nicest knit sweater, throwing piles of leaves over their head. Each leaf seems to be fall perfectly around their body, and the whole photo is in perfect focus. Kinda goals, right?

Well now think about how many other photos had to be taken before they chose to post that one.

Sometimes I feel like I'm one of those photo outtakes.

My hair might be sticking up, a leaf might have landed right on my face, or maybe the entire thing is one blurry mess. Sometimes I'd rather post an outtake than the perfect shot, to show people that my photos don't always line up. That sometimes, I am that blurry mess.

Just like how in real life I want to show people that things don't always go right. But how do I show them I'm not perfect, when people have such high expectations from me?

Can any of you relate to what I'm saying?

Have any of you felt this way before?

Please let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

6 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I love this post. Your pictures are extremely pretty and I definitely agree with what you wrote.

    Sometimes we're way too hard on ourselves and it's kind of toxic, you know? I've been that way my whole life and at some point you gotta stop and realize that you don't have to be perfect - there's no such thing.

    Anyway, I'm glad you're sharing this with the world!
    Have a nice week x

    Carmen | Wandering Banshee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, Carmen!! Maybe I am just being too hard on myself...

      Delete
  2. This is a really lovely post, and I think your pictures are stunning anyway! I am so happy I found your blog, I will definitely be reading it regularly now. Keep up the lovely work! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm happy to hear you're loving my blog :)

      Delete
  3. This was so motivational. I agree that nobody's perfect. We shouldn't be hard on ourselves. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top