Ditching Excuses & Pushing Yourself


With the autumn season basically here, the sky is gradually growing longer and darker... Anyone reading this a weather-affects-your-mood sort of person? Yeah. It's pretty easy for me to be happy one minute, then tired and grumpy the next, similar to how the sun shines, then hides behind a cloud.

Maybe it's just hormones & I'm simply overreacting a little.

But either way, mood swings suck. They let you make excuses, stop you from getting yourself out there and don't let you take a risk. So I've decided that for next week I'm going to try to do more things that frighten me, and take that leap of faith outside of my comfort zone. I'm honestly not sure how well this is going to go, but I'm willing to give it a damn good try.

3 Ways to Push Yourself & Stop Letting Your Mood Decide What You Can & Cannot Do:

1. DON'T EXPECT OTHERS TO LEND YOU A HAND
Because, well, they won't. Although it is nice when someone comes around and give you a mental push of encouragement (hugs to all of the best friends out there!) you've got to pick yourself up and jump off yourself.

Whether that's talking to a friend you don't speak to often or literally jumping off a platform down a zip line... It's up to YOU.

2. RESIST F.O.F. (FEAR OF FAILURE)
People always told me that no matter if I failed or not, the important part was that I tried. I've always been the shy girl at school... Ever since I've switched schools, I noticed that I chat to way more people than I did before, and even joined a few sports teams, allowing me to meet even more like-minded people.

Letting go of my old school was probably the best decision I've ever had to make.

3. DO ONE THING THAT SCARES YOU EVERY DAY.
If someone asks you to go and hang out with them and a big group of people whom you've never talked to (whiilleee being pretty claustrophobic on your own) to just say yes.

Because let's face it- there's more to gain then there is to lose.

Maybe we could do it together...?

Why don't you post your fear and how you're going to face up to it this week in the comments below?

Good luck and I'll let you know how I get on in next week's blog.

14 comments:

  1. Great post, I completely agree. I've become more confident over the last year, making sure I say yes to a few more things and making sure that I get myself out of bed in the morning and don't rely on my boyfriend as much as I did. It has definitely made me more confident in myself and I love it! Good luck as well and I'm sure you'll succeed.

    Tabitha x
    http://whattabithaloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you for not relying on your boyfriend as much! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  2. This is such an amazing post! I will definitely give all the things you mentioned a try! Oh god, I loved this post plus you write so so so well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reet! I'm so happy you love my posts as much as I love writing them!

      Delete
  3. This is an awesome post! Thanks for sharing as its rather inspiring!

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/travel-countryside-picnic-ft-trendz.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New Video: https://youtu.be/lmIAtkoZbFU
    Bloglovin : https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I'm glad you liked it

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous pictures and lovely words. Thank you so much for sharing this. For some reason it really motivated me to upen my game and stop finding excuses for everything that scares me.

    Love; Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you for reading! Keep up the positive attitude on everything :)

      Delete
  5. Absolutely love this, it's super inspiring! Good luck in doing things out of your comfort zone! I absolutely agree that there is more to gain than there is to lose :) In a few weeks time, I'm going back to university after taking time out from an illness and I know that I'm totally going to be out of my comfort zone, especially when meeting new people - but at the same time I am super excited haha :)
    would love to know how you got on!
    Ps. totally love the necklace, its super cute!

    Leanne xx | www.leannecresswell.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Leanne!! Wishing you only the best for university, and am so happy that you're okay from your illness. I might do another post in a couple weeks or so about how I got on with my goals- thank you, lovely!!

      Delete
  6. Awesome post girl! As someone with anxiety, it can often be hard for me to say yes to things and push myself though I've been trying to do it more recently as it definitely helps my mood to get out there and challenge myself! x
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Keep pushing yourself, I know you can do it, Cara! :)

      Delete
  7. Great post! yes challenge yourself everyday! You will be surprised of what you can do! Set up a positive mind and if it rains ...well... keep smiling! :)
    Patrick and Cecile from www.travel4lifeblog.com :)

    ReplyDelete

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top