Why Happiness Matters (+4 Quotes To Get You Through The Week)



Hey guys!

As of tomorrow, I'll be on a week long road trip exploring Alberta, and I can hardly wait. So for the next few days, I won't be able to reply to comments or read your tweets and there won't be a new post until I get back. (sorry!) But besides that, here are my thoughts on why happiness matters!

Recently, I had one of those days- where you continue to compare yourself to everything and everyone... However just yesterday, I was with a close friend of mine and we did absolutely nothing, yet, still had the best time!

Even though I've only known her for 2 years, it feels like a decade. She's able to make me laugh when I don't feel myself, I can act like a crazy 3-year-old, and I can look my absolute worst around her and she won't care- if anything, she embraces my craziness!

Now that I think about it, she's like a human diary where I can tell her my secrets and be 100% myself.

My best friend is also kind of like a diamond- bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.

I would think we're hilarious- I kind of feel bad for the people who don't to listen to our conversations, and enjoy the hilariousness! Not to mention the bad puns I come up with, haha.

These couple of hours I spent with her reminded me why happiness matters.

With one of my old friends, we felt like we didn't fit anymore- like my pink dress that I grew out of when I was younger (You can read the post about OUTGROWING YOUR BEST FRIEND HERE).

But instead, when you surround yourself with positive people like her, you can bring happiness with you. (and that does not mean kidnapping your best friend... haha!)

Oh, and thank you all for the touching comments on my post, LIVING SURROUNDED BY ANXIETY. I might not have gotten the most response on this blog, but for those who did comment,  you made me cry... But in a good way!

So keep posting about your anxiety HERE, and remember to not let one bad day ruin your tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. These are such lovely quotes to read! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you had a lovely day with your friend! It reminded me of my best friend - we always have the best time just talking & not really doing much as well :) Those are the best kind of people! I love the quotes you used in this post, especially 'exist to be happy not to impress' such a good one. Also I hope you'll have the most amazing roadtrip x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, Sara, and I'm happy you could relate to the quote. They are the best kinds of people :) I'm leaving for my road trip right now! xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely post XX

    The Fashion Road
    Instagram @louisefrancescaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an inspiring product, thanks for sharing Kyia :) It's so easy to compare our lives with others and forget to focus on our own happiness.
    Hope you're having a great time in Alberta!

    Hanh | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean post* haha! I just got back yesterday evening, and it was the perfect road trip around Alberta. I feel so much better about myself now :) x

      Delete
  5. Loved all the quotes and completely agree with you. I try and surround myself with positive people xx

    Tabitha // whattabithaloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely loved these quotes! They are just so inspirational! Ps, I am so so glad I found your blog, it's pretty amazing!! Now off to read all your other posts!!

    www.reetlonari.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Reet! These are some of my top quotes :)

      Delete
  7. These are great tips and I loved the quotes ^^ Enjoyed reading it x

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spending time with friends is so important and it can really put things into perspective! The quotes were also uplifting, thanks for sharing with us!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top