10 Reasons Why it's Hard to Accept Ourselves

 Hey guys!

I'm not too sure how to start this off, but I haven't really felt myself lately. It's like my mind a shaken can of Coke, ready to burst and let everything it's got bottled up inside of it, out. Well, that's how I feel right now. Like I have so much I want to say, fizzing up inside of me, but don't have the confidence to say it out loud.

When I was little, I attempted to write a journal (the word "diary" to me just doesn't sound right). I haven't ever been the best at writing, and still to this day it's hard for me to put my thoughts into words. Most of the time, one of my entries ended up something like this:


It was really nice today. We had to do a play in front of the entire school, and I thought it was silly. My classmates loved it, though. Later I got picked up and went home.

Not exactly something you'd find in Cady Heron's diary, right? More like, "can't be bothered."

More often than not, I find myself evaluating the day in my head, coming up with lines I could have said or things I should have done. (please tell me I'm not alone on this!)

Sometimes I wonder if it's because I'm a teenage girl who simply overthinks too much. Because let's face it- there's a lot to think about.

TOP 10 REASONS WHY IT'S HARD TO ACCEPT OURSELVES

1. Society has moulded a "reality" for us to fit into
2. We over pressure ourselves to fit into this mould
3. Someone always has something better than what you have
4. Meaning you're supposed to look perfect all the time
5. Which collides with your hormones going bonkers
6. And suddenly everyone cares about what you wear
7. Then you're supposed to know how to pose for "Instagram-worthy" photos
8. Which you then have to post on social media for all of your friends & the world to see
9. But everyone else's photos look more professional and better than yours
10. Circling back up to number 1 and starting the whole thought process over again

I will now give you a moment to picture me giving a dramatic, heart-felt sigh at this point.

Even though this blog is only a few months old (But has over 200 followers! Thank you guys! xx) you know so much about me. And that's why I love writing these posts- because I can be totally me.


And maybe one day, when we realize that we all feel the same, we can quit pretending to be someone we're not- and to just accept who we are.

That would be awesome.

But until then, let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

I'm already the clumsiest person in the world, but I don't want to be the one who overthinks everything too!

18 comments:

  1. This is unbelievably relatable! I understand how that feels so damn well, which shouldn't be the case. Also, don't worry I am that overthinker too🙈
    Ps, congrats on 200 followers! Looking forward for even more posts from you💕

    www.reetlonari.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you are loving my posts! The fact that you could relate makes me breathe a sigh of relief, haha x

      Delete
  2. Cobgrats on 200 followers, you deserve it so much :) I think I'm at a point now where I'm at peace with who I am which feels pretty great. It definitely hasn't always been that way though so I can relate to your thoughts cause I had them too. I still do sometimes just not really that often anymore x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara! It's so comforting to hear that you feel pretty content with yourself- and that fact that you had these thoughts before, too. I'm proud of you! x

      Delete
  3. I think a lot about writing in a diary and honestly, I spend a lot of time feeling listless, stuck and unproductive. I'm not sure what to do about it, but I do think it's someone everyone experiences...

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is exactly how I feel! I'm glad you understand :)

      Delete
  4. Don't worry, you're not the only one who over thinks, I do it as well and many others do too. I also evaluate my day in my head (as well as myself, looking at how acted in certain situations and so on) and as much as I would love to own a diary I just can't get my head around it, always missing entries. I try to just not worry about much, it's hard and there is definitely things I constantly still worry about but I feel it has helped when it comes to over thinking :)

    Tabitha | http://whattabithaloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Tabitha, thank you! You've made it so reassuring for me to know that I'm definitely not the only one who feels this way sometimes. I'll try my very best to worry less xx

      Delete
  5. I love your blog, your photos are amazing! This post is so relatable, I wish it wasn't though because we should all be able to accept ourselves! Congrats on 200 followers too! X

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I kind of wish it wasn't that relatable, but am happy to hear that it is. x

      Delete
  6. I'm 27 and I still overthink things and consider how I could have handled situations better, but I think that is all to do with being a human being. I hope this doesn't sound patronising, but I honestly believe learning to accept yourself is something that comes with age, I have a completely different outlook on life and myself compared to 10 years ago, and I do wish I had this mindset back then.

    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't sound patronizing what so ever- rather- inspiring, in a way. It's something that I'll most likely learn eventually, but for now I'm more at that stage where I'm figuring out who I am. Thank you, Lauren! xx

      Delete
  7. This post is so relateable, I'm such an overthinker as well. And don't worry all my journals/diaries in the past turned out so boring as well ^_^ x

    Sophie | Sophie's Spot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Sophie! I'm happy to hear that it wasn't only my diary that didn't turn out, haha!

      Delete
  8. I can totally relate to the evaluating the day and wishing you had said things differently!!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this ALL the time, haha! It's almost like something that can't be avoided.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on the 200 followers! Yay! *throws confetti* This post is really relatable but I'm at peace of who I am at the moment. When you love yourself, you'd get to know more of yourself within, when you're alone or not and you get to discover more of your potentials when you think outside the box or when you go out from your comfort zone. Just this month, I'm not really into makeup but I have lots of 'em (thanks to my aunt) and I suddenly decided to put my monthly goals on my planner. I wrote 'Learn how to make my brows on fleek'. It was something new for me and it was really a good change. At least, I got to discover another thing to be happy about, a skill that I could improve and it makes me more confident thinking that I am beautiful. :)

    I also received a lot of messages and invitations from my school that they want to interview me and be a guest on their talk shows and in the radio because of my achievements so far as a blogger. They always ask me the question, "How to be you po?" I think when you're in control and you know deep down about yourself, the beauty and the flaws, you will be you no matter what and it will make you stand out. :)

    Augustin Ra | Indie Spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Augustin- this is so sweet of you. Definitely made me smile this morning, so thank you so much. I'm so happy you've discovered another thing to be happy about. And congrats on being asked to be a guest for that talk show! Lucky you :)

      Delete

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top