I'm not too sure how to start this off, but I haven't really felt myself lately. It's like my mind a shaken can of Coke, ready to burst and let everything it's got bottled up inside of it, out. Well, that's how I feel right now. Like I have so much I want to say, fizzing up inside of me, but don't have the confidence to say it out loud.
When I was little, I attempted to write a journal (the word "diary" to me just doesn't sound right). I haven't ever been the best at writing, and still to this day it's hard for me to put my thoughts into words. Most of the time, one of my entries ended up something like this:
It was really nice today. We had to do a play in front of the entire school, and I thought it was silly. My classmates loved it, though. Later I got picked up and went home.
Not exactly something you'd find in Cady Heron's diary, right? More like, "can't be bothered."
More often than not, I find myself evaluating the day in my head, coming up with lines I could have said or things I should have done. (please tell me I'm not alone on this!)
Sometimes I wonder if it's because I'm a teenage girl who simply overthinks too much. Because let's face it- there's a lot to think about.
TOP 10 REASONS WHY IT'S HARD TO ACCEPT OURSELVES
1. Society has moulded a "reality" for us to fit into
2. We over pressure ourselves to fit into this mould
3. Someone always has something better than what you have
4. Meaning you're supposed to look perfect all the time
5. Which collides with your hormones going bonkers
6. And suddenly everyone cares about what you wear
7. Then you're supposed to know how to pose for "Instagram-worthy" photos
8. Which you then have to post on social media for all of your friends & the world to see
9. But everyone else's photos look more professional and better than yours
10. Circling back up to number 1 and starting the whole thought process over again
I will now give you a moment to picture me giving a dramatic, heart-felt sigh at this point.
Even though this blog is only a few months old (But has over 200 followers! Thank you guys! xx) you know so much about me. And that's why I love writing these posts- because I can be totally me.
And maybe one day, when we realize that we all feel the same, we can quit pretending to be someone we're not- and to just accept who we are.
That would be awesome.
But until then, let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
I'm already the clumsiest person in the world, but I don't want to be the one who overthinks everything too!