Gull Lake Getaway

Sometimes, your mind can feel like it's spinning one thousand times faster, and you forget to breathe. It's good to take some time away from it all. Even if that's just for 2 days. As you may not know, Gull Lake is one of those places where I feel completely relaxed, as I have so many childhood memories from there. My family and I go camping here every year, as the water is super clear and shallow almost all the way out. I honestly spent the whole morning (6 am to 11 am!!) wading around from one end of the lake to the other, letting the sound of seagulls, crisp morning air, and low tides wash away my stresses.


It's important to take time out of your busy schedule to occupy your mind with the freshness of the outdoors instead. There are so many quaint little towns around this beach as well, that if you blinked you would miss them. I love Gull Lake because it's only an hour away from Edmonton, and once you've stepped onto the sands you feel detached from the usual city surroundings. It's so nice to get away! Here are some of my favourite photos from my Gull Lake visit, and I hope they bring you a beautiful sense of calm.

Some of my favourite get-away places in Alberta, Canada:

- The Biggest Dinosaur In The World, Drumheller // the best of the badlands, dinosaurs, & museums
- Banff // beautiful mountains, gift shops & hot springs
- End Of The World, Edmonton // a cliff that looks over the North Saskatchewan River
- Elk Island National Park // Perfect for camping or road trips, or see the stars on a clear night

For the rest of summer, I'm hoping to go on random drives where I don't really know where I'm going, in luck that I'll find some remote beach or crazy sunset. Just to explore. Chances are, that I'll run out of gas, haha!

Do you have that one place where you can completely escape to? Have you been to Alberta?

34 comments:

  1. This looks like a beautiful place! I'd love to visit Canada one day x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely an under-rated spot! :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE these photos! I really need to visit Canada one day!

    Hannah | Oh January

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah!! You've got to go to the heart of Canada to see it's wonders, though haha!

      Delete
  3. I felt peaceful just looking at these photos on my laptop! Sounds like an amazing trip

    http://hazebeaulie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very relaxing trip, yes! :)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful view, hope you enjoyed the getaway <3

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it, and I hope to be going on more outings like this!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a perfect place to relax and recharge, I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful time! <3

    xx
    www.smilesnapsparkle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was :) Glad you liked the post!

      Delete
  6. Wow such a beautiful look! You look stunning hun!

    Check out my latest post here:
    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful photos, it looks like such a great place to set up a chair and coffee flask next to you and then read a book! I'm from the UK and I love anywhere near the coast as I have so many memories camping down by cute little coasts such as cornwall! xx

    Blog: http://whattabithaloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about the beauties of Cornwall! Seems like I'm not the only one with memories spent on the coasts, reading in a comfy chair. x

      Delete
  8. This lake is beautiful! So perfect that you got to go there during golden hour. I love your floral dress and floppy hat too!

    www.thebeautydojo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was there for a couple days, and this was the one day that had a beautiful evening! You've got to take advantage of the golden hour for photos, haha. Thank you! :) x

      Delete
  9. Beautiful pictures! Makes me want to take a trip and just relax!

    www.youarebeaut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are so lovely and that dress is super summery and cute :)

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't tell in the photos, but the dress ties up in the back in a big bow. Thank you again, lovely!

      Delete
  11. It looks so beautiful there, I wish I could go x

    Sophie | Sophie's Spot

    ReplyDelete
  12. The location looks so lovely, love the summer vibe! Summer, sun and the beach is just a perfect combo! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is my go-to place for a chilled afternoon! x

      Delete
  13. Looks like you had an amazing time! So jealous :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fun, thank you!! x

      Delete
  14. This is too much! I've wanted to visit Alberta for as long as I can remember - your photos aren't helping my wanderlust! Beautiful post <3 x

    Martha Jane | www.marthajaneedwards.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww haha! Alberta is really a beautiful place, if you take the time and interest to drive around for hours-I never realized how spaced out everything is!

      Delete
  15. Man, those are gorgeous pictures!!

    Beautiful post : )

    Gemma
    Faded Windmills

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow beautiful photos! I have never been, but it looks like a wonderful place! Hope you had a fun time :)
    Julia || Julia in Bluhm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again. I had the best time!

      Delete
  17. Ah my word this place looks so insanely beautiful! Your photography is just gorgeous & captures it so well! Driving with no direction, just to find a sunset sounds too perfect. I need to give that one a go more often! :)

    Katie // Words by Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie! I forgot to bring my camera here (oopsie!!) so all the photos were taken with a phone, haha. I hope to drive around plenty more as well! xx

      Delete

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top