The Secret to Softer Skin | Coffee Scrubs

Hey guys!

I'm sure we've all spent a ridiculous amount of money on body and facial scrubs at some point. There have been scrubs that made my skin bright red and irritated, leaving me itching all over the place, as well as ones that smooth out your skin so nicely, you don't need to apply cream on afterwards. The only downfall is that every product that has benefited my skin, has been either pricey or hard to get a hold of.

This is a recent discovery for me, and coffee grounds are my life savers.

I've been wanting to try a DIY coffee scrub for some time now, and I don't know why I put it off. Maybe because I'm not a DIY kind of girl. Maybe because every do it yourself project I've done has ended in broken boards and mess on the floor. So trust me when I say anyone can do this!

COFFEE BODY SCRUB:
♥ 1 cup coffee grounds
♥ 2/3 cup brown sugar
♥ 1/2 cup melted honey
♥ 2 tbsp vanilla extract
♥ 1 cup coconut oil

The ingredients inside store bought scrubs are often packed with fillers that are unnecessary and wasteful. Why would anyone want that slathered all over their skin? Each of the ingredients in this scrub have their benefits, which I think is quite important.

COFFEE- Exfoliates. Improves circulation. Tightens skin, reducing the appearance of cellulite. Smooths. Softens.

BROWN SUGAR- Exfoliates. Smooths. Softens. Moisturizes (it naturally draws moisture from the air and deposits it onto your skin!)

HONEY- Antibacterial. Soothes. Smooths.

VANILLA EXTRACT- Anti-inflammatory. Gorgeous scent.

COCONUT OIL- Moisturizes. Scent. Softens. Tightens skin. Reduces the appearance of cellulite. Packed with vitamins and anti-oxidants.

I personally love this scrub, and will be using it from time to time again. I keep mine in a mason jar, which is both practical, as well as cute looking on your shelf. Once applied to the skin it looks as if it might leave an orangey tint, but the moment you rinse it off, any colour that was present before is now gone. And, because I have bad eczema, I was worried that my pores would get irritated and red, but this was not the case. I am very impressed with how long my skin stayed soft without any moisturizer, and would definitely recommend this to anyone of any skin type.

Have you tried a coffee scrub before?

6 comments:

  1. I love DIY coffee scrubs! I take the used coffee out of my machine and use that. Sounds a bit gross but it works fine. And instead of honey and coconut oil i just use olive oil with the essential oil and brown sugar.
    Im so glad I learnt to make my own! Shall give your recipe a go too! xx
    kate

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving how you were able to create your own :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great DIY, I have heard so many good things about the coffee scrubs. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot of great comments on the coffee scrub DIY but I'm not a fan of coffee so it wouldn't work for me :) But it looks so cute in that little jar!

    xx, Matea
    www.smilesnapsparkle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cue isn't it, haha! I'm not a fan of coffee either, but on my skin it works wonders.

      Delete

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top