Finding Balance

So, I try to keep this blog a happy and positive place on the internet, but life gets in the way at times. And sometimes things can get stressful and overwhelming, leaving your mind in a chaotic mess of what needs be accomplished, and what you actually want to do (looking at you, Pinterest...).

Most of you probably remember my previous posts on weighing out Quality Over Quantity & "Grey Days" & Not Giving Up). Both posts mention finding harmony between 2 things- which can be hard to do!

On some occasions, my bedroom is a disaster. Papers covers the tabletops, empty dishes grow by the number, and my laundry spills across the floor, leaving only enough room for a path from the door to my bed... Anyone else, haha?

I end up procrastinating and shrugging off the fact that everything is a mess, even when my brain is screaming, "You can't find ANYTHING!". Just letting my bedroom get to this state troubles me a bit! But why let something go so long without maintenance, that it becomes out of control? 

Well, this week I've felt as if my mind is like a messy bedroom.

My thoughts are never-ending piles of things I should be doing, when in reality, I'm lounged on the cushions doing nothing. It only starts to stress me out when that list gets longer and longer and more daunting, when I pick myself up and say, enough.

Even though it is wonderful to take time for yourself and so on, you need that balance between comfort and actually doing shit. Because without it, you'll be trapped in a room of distractions. And nobody wants a messy room haha!

Have you ever felt like things were unbalanced? I'd love to hear your guy's experiences!

14 comments:

  1. The messy bedroom thing is so spot on. I feel stressed when my bedroom is out of order, even though I don't want to clean it, and I feel similarly with my mental health sometimes. :)

    Aisling | anthologie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me happy you could relate! x

      Delete
  2. This is such a great post, my bedroom often becomes a mess and over study leave for exams it was literally a chaos of textbooks and revision cards thrown together with months worth of ironing and a load of other mess. It stresses me out but I hate cleaning up! Definitely represented my state of mind at that time.

    Maddie x | thatplacecalledhere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you described your bedroom, haha! But it's so so true! Thanks for reading lovely :)

      Delete
  3. This metaphor is great, I can relate to that sometimes. I feel like you should do the same thing with your mind as you would do with a messy bedroom - spend some time and place everything in order, one little thing at a time. Although I know it can be pretty hard.

    http://lizalauf.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing at a time- I agree. xx

      Delete
  4. I love how you wrote this, I often struggle with this too quite a bit x

    www.taintedblues.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you write, you are so honest with us and I liked this post :) Thank you for that.
    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do write this blog because I felt the need to be honest with someone- thank you for making it worthwhile!

      Delete
  6. I can definitely relate. Sometimes my room can get so messy and I feel so disorganized and frantic. I feel bad about it sometimes, because everyone else (especially in the blogging world) seems so wonderfully put-together. But nobody's perfect all the time, it's alright to be a mess sometimes! Great post, you're super honest (and funny) in your writing!
    Julia | Julia in Bluhm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Social media and their photos definitely have a huge impact! Thank you so much lovely xx

      Delete
  7. This was me when my classes started and I have to write all my plans of the day on my planner but I would end up checking a few from the list and it frustrates me big time. :( Although I still feel good that I didn't miss making my homeworks and school requirements despite I didn't do it on the planned day. I just hope I could cross out all the things I have listed on a particular day and not procrastinate again.

    Plus, messy thoughts are hard to deal with. It causes too much stress that may lead to burnout or what. So really, I need to get shit together! Hahaha. :D

    Augustin Ra | Indie Spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unorganized thoughts are very annoying to deal with! Don't we all need to get back into the swing of things sometimes? xx

      Delete

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top