A Memory From Scent

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you've probably read my 25 Facts About Me post! Being a lifestyle blogger, my initial goal is to share my life and my thoughts with you guys, whether that be through tips I've learned or though stories about my embarrassing moments.

I love incorporating my memories from when I was little into my posts as I feel it gives my blog that little personal touch.


It's funny how scents can reel us back through time, making our minds replay that happy moment, just because a scent smelled familiar!

I think I have a lot of scents that give me flashbacks here and there, but if I were to list them all, I might as well write a book about it haha! Let me know in the comments if you would read that book ;)


PEONIES.
A prop I'm sure every blogger has hidden somewhere in their photos. Gorgeous flowers, yes, but to me they are so much more.

When I was little, I spent countless days over at my grandma's house- okay, countless days playing hop scotch in her garden. But the thing I remember the most was her huge peony bushes that grew along side the back, ranging from pink to white, to red and white. And now every time I smell this sweet scent, I think of her!

TEA AND LEMON.
I have a feeling this scent could revive memories from a lot of people. It's a classic, and the fact that The Body Shop has a candle called London- Tea & Lemon makes me happy to begin with!

It reminds me of when I was sick, my mom would make me a huge cuppa and would make sure I had the coziest blanket to snuggle in. Also when I went to my grandma's house, she would always have some sort of tea brewed. Which, makes me think maybe I got my obsession for tea from her!

Do you have a scent that triggers a memory? I'd love to hear your stories :)

12 comments:

  1. I love anything rose scented. Fresh cut grass always reminds me of when we used to go camping when I was little and sitting and listening to the rain and playing cards in the tent!

    www.whynotblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh freshly cut grass is a good one, too! That's so cute how it reminds you of camping :)

      Delete
  2. I love the smell of freshly baked bread, or cakes because it always reminds me of my Nan's house and being a child again when my grandparents would look after me! I'm in love with your blog and they way you write! We should definitely collab this summer, and I can't wait to read your next post!

    Lots of love,
    Marshmallow Skye
    xoxo
    http://marshmallowskies28.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe that's sweet how warm pastries remind you of her! Thank you so much!! Just send me a dm on twitter and we can do it. xx

      Delete
  3. Those are really nice memories! For me, Dulce de Leche always brings me back to a family holiday where I had it for the first time! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how Dulce de Luche reminds you of holiday- it's such a warm, sweet, and comforting scent :)

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely post and gorgeous photography. Loved it, and the smell of tea also brings back so many lovely memories for me too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I knew someone besides myself could remember a memory from it.

      Delete
  5. Your blog is so beautiful lovely! Hmmm the smell of mushrooms frying (don't even ask lol) always reminds me of being at my grandma's house because she always used to cook them when I was around. Unfortunately she passed away last year, but that scent really reminds me of her. <3 xxx

    http://www.lilyolivia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't stand the smell of mushrooms cooking, it just makes me gag haha. It's so nice that you find a memory from it though! xx

      Delete
  6. This is so cute!

    corrie | corriearnold.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an interesting post! I don't think I get memories from any "normal" smell. It will come at random times. But I can say that perfumes and deoderant/sprays always remind me of the time in my life I was using them! Because I change them all the time! haha

    Eb x

    www.eboniivory.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top