A Guide to Staying Motivated

"the harder you work for something, the greater you'll feel when you achieve it"

With summer just around the corner, it can be difficult, not to mention frustrating, to stay motivated. I know I've been struggling to keep my head in the game, as I can feel myself slacking off at any opportunity. Who wants to spend a beautiful, sunny day locked indoors, because you didn't accomplish what you wanted to do the day before? So, I'm going to quit idling around on Twitter, and pull myself back on my feet.

CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE
My lack of motivation always seems to start with the fear of not being able to meet up to my "standards" I've set myself. Don't be afraid of a little failure! Think of alternative, possibly more fun ways you could get the task done- for example, studying. Instead of piling on the reading and writing, summarize key points on index cards, grab a friend, and quiz each other.

KEEP IT INTERESTING
Most of the time, we don't want to do things because they're repetitive or boring. I'll take a Youtube-binge session over writing an essay any day! Focus on the task at hand instead of thinking about how long it's going to take. If I'm planning posts or writing notes, I'll use coloured markers, washi tape, and cute stickers to keep things more captivating.

REMOVE DISTRACTIONS
This can be the hardest bit. It's easy to wind up trying to do finance in the comfort of your bed, with a jar of Dairy Milk Buttons next to you... Find yourself a quiet, open space that is far enough away from music, snacks, your phone, or anything that might distract you from completing the job.

CREATE A TO-DO LIST
Ahh the classic to-do list. A simple yet very effective way to manage everything you have to conquer that day. I personally love writing these out because it ensures I don't forget anything, and in the end, it's just so satisfying to check things off the list!

BE CLEAR ON AN END GOAL
Know what you're doing and why. If it's something tedious or boring, just remember that by the end of it, you'll feel so much better about yourself. Once you know why you're putting yourself under stress, you can then set yourself an appropriate reward or treat (the best part!!)

What are your tips for staying motivated? Do you ever find yourself slacking?

23 comments:

  1. I live by my to-do lists and am constantly writing more! Nothing better than the feeling when you tick something off your list : ) xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite part, ticking things off the list! x

      Delete
  2. I love to do list's!! They really help to keep me motivated and I love getting to tick things off at the end of it. These are some really helpful tips. Thanks for sharing xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy my post was useful for you :)

      Delete
  3. thanks for the great tips! x

    jess x | https://wellwellgirls.blogspot.tw/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great tips. I love making to do lists, it's so satisfying being able to tick off what you've done!

    Maddie x | thatplacecalledhere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I love them so much! x

      Delete
  5. Just discovered your blog via twitter and ahhhh I love it! All your posts are so much fun to read and the whole design of your blog is so cute. I'm a teen blogger too x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Happy you like it :)

      Delete
  6. During my second semester last academic year, I let my boyfriend ask me a lot of questions about the things I've studied for an upcoming quiz. He would always be there to check if I'm fully prepared for anything. As for him, I would help him in the little things like checking what he had been missing on his thesis and case studies which all turned into success. Now, I don't know how we're going to check on each other personally in regards of school stuff because of our different schedules but I hope we can still balance all things. I will share this post of yours so that he will be motivated this school year especially his classes just started today. Hihi :)

    Augustin Ra | Indie Spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks for sharing. I love the fact you guys motivate each other!

      Delete
  7. These are all great tips and I use them all in order to stay motivated, but my I swear by to-do lists, at the start of every week I write down one with all the things I need and want to accomplish during those seven days (I keep things realistic) and then I check it on the daily basis, it works like a charm! :) Have a great week! :*

    xx, Matea
    www.smilesnapsparkle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Another lover of to-do lists xx

      Delete
  8. Really like this post. Setting an end goal is so important to staying motivated! The distractions made me laugh, chocolate is my arch nemisis when I am meant to be concentrating! X
    www.sopherina.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh chocolate is just too good to resist! Glad you liked the post :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the helpful post!

    Would love for you to check out my blog!
    http://rachelgaskin.blogspot.com.au/

    So happy to have discovered your blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Hopefully you can stay with me on my blogging journey :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for these tips! I've also written a similar blog post earlier this month too! Great to see other wways to do it. First time here too. I love your theme, it's pink! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check out your post! Thank you so much, love xx

      Delete
  11. I love that diary/notepad oh my goodness! Where is it from?!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/ella-catherine-4310519

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wanted to say I loved your blog and the photography but I accidentally pressed publish haha

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh, thank you so much lovely!! The notepad/agenda is from Chapters Indigo. Here is the exact one! https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/paper/2016-2017-ksny-medium-spiral/825466937932-item.html?ikwid=2017&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=3

      Delete

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top