On The Shelf

I've always loved books. They're my go-to if I'm ever having a down day, or if I just want to escape and lose time. Over the years my taste in novels have definitely changed, starting from my beloved Rainbow Magic series, changing to more meaningful life-related ones. Here are my thoughts on a few books I have been obsessed with.

A Beautiful Mess by Elsie Larson & Emma Chapman
These two lovely ladies over on A Beautiful Mess Blog have put together such a unique book! This is in no way a novel, but rather a photo idea book- one that includes not only photo ideas but DIY's, storage tips, and ways to capture everyday lifestyle. I'll say it's perfect! I absolutely love it, and am referring back to it whenever I need inspiration.

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
Can we just take a moment to appreciate this cover?! I mean, where do you go wrong with mason jars and fairy lights? The story is about 2 girls experiencing life's curves and edges together, no matter how different their personalities may be. As they grow older, an act of betrayal rips them apart, leaving their friendship hanging by the string. I don't know how Kristin Hannah does it, but she writes in such a way that it makes me feel as if I am right there with them. Much love for this one!

Girl Online by Zoe Sugg
I'm sure you've all heard of the lovely Zoella, aka. Zoe Sugg. About a year ago now, I was thrilled to hear that she was writing a non-fiction novel. When I actually got my hands on a copy, I was determined to dive right in- and I don't regret reading half of it in one night! I love how she combines the digital world into this book, as well as being a teenager at awkward stage. So many people could relate to it, regardless of your age or gender.

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
Not so similar to the books I would normally pick up, as it is a love story. I was a little skeptical at first, but as I got further into the book, I knew it wasn't completely about that love life. It was more focused on being the outcast in school, reminding you that there will always be someone who understands you for you. It's such a sweet novel that every time I pick it up for a read, it puts a smile on my face.

What books have you been loving lately?

18 comments:

  1. I am a fan of the classics. Nothing compares to the Lewis Carroll's infinitely imaginative "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and its sequel, "Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There". Well worth reading over and over again.

    When I was significantly younger, there was a great book about Bunnicula, a vampire bunny that sucked the juice out of vegetables. Fantastic story for new readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually read Bunnicula, was never a fan of it, though.

      Delete
  2. I remembered that you recommended firefly lane to me! I still need to read all the bright places, heard so much about it! Going to follow you on twitter :) x

    lots of love, Jane
    www.marbleandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All The Bright Places seriously is such a sweet book- you'll love it :) xx

      Delete
  3. i need to check them out since the cover is so nice and you recommend it:)

    jess x | https://wellwellgirls.blogspot.tw/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh absolutely! I've reread all of them many times, haha!

      Delete
  4. Your photography is gorgeous! I loved All The Bright Places but it made me cry! Its a beautiful book though.

    Maddie x | thatplacecalledhere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I keep rereading All Of The Bright Places it's that good x

      Delete
  5. I love ABM blog! I need to get my hands on that book!

    Sempiternal Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was blown away by the photographs they included in there! So pretty!

      Delete
  6. I love reading 'All The Bright Places'. It really has a lot of lessons to teach us especially to teenagers since these bullies or criticisms start when we're in our teenage years and I even made a book review about it. You may check it here: Book Review: All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. :)

    Augustin Ra | Indie Spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gave it a read and loved it. The book is very inspirational too!

      Delete
  7. Love all of these suggestions! Will definitely be referring back once I finish my current "to-read" list :)

    http://theblondechiffon.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read All the Bright Places, I've heard a lot of good things about it!

    beautifulearful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should seriously read it! I love how it talks about mental illnesses in there too :)

      Delete
  9. I've stumbled across this post on your blog and it is honestly one of my favorites! I am a bookworm myself and I have just finished reading All the bright places and cried my eyes out! Girl Online is one of my all time favorites too xx

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you! They are such amazing books. I might have to do a post similar like this in the future x

      Delete

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top