Day Dreams & Days Off

It's Sunday, and you know what that means. Sweatpants, tea, books and bubbles. A day to unwind a little and give yourself a good ol' pamper- in true blogger style. However, I'm sure we've all been there: when you're in a sweet, bubble filled bath, and you remember that there were errands or that one essay due by tomorrow.

Trust me. I feel you.

We have those days where we have a million and one things on our to-do list, and we wake up telling ourselves it's going to be a super productive day. Buuut by 5pm we've done nothing but sit in our favourite onesie all day with Youtube on the go, and we feel more tired now than we did waking up.

Then, it dawned on me that days off are meant for steamy bubble baths, and relaxing to your favourite tunes. Where we can dream about whatever we want to- blog post ideas, your idea of the best flavour of tea, Zac Efron... I feel like we have these down-days, so we feel 20 times more motivated to get stuff done the next day.

I'll admit- I love lazy days.

I've been spending days like these reading through Twitter and Bloglovin, and sometimes even breaking out the Chatlaine mags. It's these days where I can feel like I did something productive (like reading books and maybe baking cookies), but at the same time still feeling like I've given my body enough time to relax.

Oh, and thank you guys so much for the sweet comments on my post on outgrowing best friends. Hearing your stories (and even just commenting!) puts a smile on my face :)

Do you love laid-back kind of days?

6 comments:

  1. I love laid back days! But I also am a big workaholic, so on days like this I tend to struggle to relax to the fullest as I always feel like I am being unproductive. And I know that I deserved that rest but I can't help but feel guilty for not doing some kind of work :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get like this sometimes as well.. One day, I just know you'll really need a good pamper, haha! x

      Delete
  2. Lazy days are the best, but I know what you mean when you get in your head you're going to have a super productive day and end up getting up past 2, but we can't always have productive days, gotta let our bodies relax at some point xx

    http://nutellablogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Plus, who can say no to a bubble bath? x

      Delete
  3. I love laid back days, especially ones with Lush baths! I've got so many exams coming up though so gonna have to wait a while to really get to relax because I'm revising x

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your exams! Afterwards though, it'll be totally worth it, I'm sure :)

      Delete

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top